Planning decisions are made by B&NES, the parish council is a statutory consultee empowered to comment on individual applications. We make our decisions based upon a number of factors including compatibility with our parish residential & commercial planning policies & representations received from interested parties.
The parish council are not able to give advice on planning applications, but do welcome your views, which can be expressed at the open surgery from 7.15pm before our monthly meetings, directly to the clerk or individual councillors.
Please note that the links on this page take you to the B&NES website, which is out of our control. Where possible, we have linked to the relevant page for the parish, however some links may take you to a more general page where you may need to select Stowey Sutton as the parish.
View and comment on current applications in the parish
Search by application number or property
View a weekly list of new planning applications or decisions (note that these are not specific to the Parish)
Advice on submitting comments
Note that comments are submitted to B&NES, not this website.
- If you would like to make a representation on a current planning application, please include your name and address (including postcode).
- You cannot comment on a Discharge of Condition request or Non-Material Amendment (reference numbers ending COND and NMA).
- Please note your comments will be viewable on the website as forming part of the available application documentation.
- Due to the volume of correspondence received on applications, B&NES say it is not possible to acknowledge or respond to comments.
- For further information, please read the 'Have your say on planning applications' web page.
Addresses in the online database of applications
The addresses in the database are from the Local Land & Property Gazetteer which conforms to British Standard BS7666 and may differ from your postal address. It is the responsibility of the owner to inform the council's street naming and numbering officer about any change to the address of a property.